11/22/2009

Review of Housekeeping Secrets My Mother Never Taught Me (Paperback)

This book is a lifesaver for me. Growing up, my family did the picking up and putting away around the house on a daily basis, and I washed dishes daily, but a housekeeper came in once a week to do the heavy cleaning. My mother ran a successful business, and didn't do much cooking or cleaning at home. Therefore, I didn't learn the way most women do - watching their mothers. Fast forward to my first apartment - hovering over my very own toilet, I wasn't exactly sure how to clean it. Joni Hilton works the house from top to bottom, room by room, explaining exactly what kind of dirt can build up in which places and how to most efficiently get rid of it. She even tells you her favorite cleaing products. Other housekeeping books are such boring Martha Stewart manuals that not only are they a drag to read, but they leave you feeling completely incapable of ever having a clean house. Joni Hilton's book is a quick, funny, light read, and her clean house is very attainable.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Housekeeping Secrets My Mother Never Taught Me (Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment