10/28/2009

Review of Crooked River Burning (Paperback)

Here's that rare animal -- a hugely ambitious novel in which the ambitions of the author are hugely realized! Winegardner has got it down bigtime! His depiction of Cleveland (I speak as a long-alienated native) is as good as it gets and his blend of real people and fictional protagonists really works. He made me care deeply about his two leads characters, drew them so well I felt I knew them. I cannot fault his writing, his concept, his delivery in any way. I only wish this book were better packaged in terms of cover art, to attract the readers it so richly deserves. If you think Cleveland is a bore or a joke, when you finish CROOKED RIVER BURNING you'll find you have a new vision. Bravo for the author! My highest recommendation!



Click Here to see more reviews about: Crooked River Burning (Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment