12/15/2009

Review of The Little White Trip (Paperback)

WOW!The story didn't just roll along, it climbed and reached and extended and pushed, it thrilled and captivated and repulsed, my eyes were popping out, I couldn't believe the torment these characters went through, and then, the last twist, a totally unique surprise, and equally disturbing, moving, and unbelievable.What a fantastic and innovative commentary on modern day society!

I'll be honest, I didn't have high expectations for a book from the self-publishing world, although the blurb on the back was interesting enough, but sometimes that's the best part.**Not in this case!**ILOVED how the e-mails were firsthand accounts of what happened in retrospect, and laced through the ongoing story line.It heightened the sense of anxiety and expectation, and got me involved in getting to know these characters and what (I didn't know at that point) terrible things were about to happen to them.If you're looking to be coddled by an author with a safe conventional style, this is not the book for you.If you're a thrill seeker, then don't wait to pick up your own copy!

For a first-time author, the achievement here is spectacular:I brought Kurt Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle" to read on the beach, but I easily sacrificed that for this book.And Mr. Vonnegut is one of my all time favorite writers. I bought three more copies to give to friends, who are also in the MFA in Creative Writing program with me, as well as referring my friends to buy it (and they have, and loved it).



Click Here to see more reviews about: The Little White Trip (Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment